An affirmation is a positive statement written in the present tense filled with emotion regarding a specific goal. Positive affirmations can have a significant impact on your conscious and unconscious mind. Affirmations are a great way to rewrite your story. By taking self-limiting beliefs and replacing them with positive affirmations, you begin to create a new belief system. Here are 9 affirmations that will have a positive impact on your mental health, help you to manage your anxiety and confront limiting-self beliefs.
1. I am enough - The truth is you are enough just because you are alive. There is nothing you need to be, do or have to be enough. Just the way you are, first thing in the morning with messy hair and bad breath, you are enough. No job, amounts of money or someone else's love will make you enough. You are enough because you are and that's it.
2. I am worthy - You are worthy for the same reasons you are enough. Self-worth comes with the territory of being alive. So, stop comparing yourself, criticizing yourself, and speaking negatively about yourself. Your worth is not in what you do or have, it who you are.
3. Everything is always working out for me - Regardless of what's happening in your life, make a choice to believe that everything is working out for you. Do you ever notice that everything always works out in the end? When you are going through the storm you can't imagine how it's going to work out but years later you look back and realize it all worked out. I bet you have many examples of this being true. So practice saying this affirmation when things are not going as planned. Change the story you tell yourself about how bad your life is. Tell yourself a different story, a story of the life you desire.
4. I am safe - There is no need to hide or fight. The helpless little child who needed protection is now a grown adult protected by the universe. There is no need to always be on the defense or to be in fight mode. You are safe. Repeat after me “ I am safe.”
5. I release and let go of everything that does not serve me -Let go of the toxic people, places, things, habits, and mindset keeping you stuck. Life doesn’t always have to be filled with drama. Peace is a good thing.
6. I deserve to live a happy and fulfilled life-This affirmation is tied in the belief of self-worth. By accepting that you are worthy just by being you, you begin to embrace the idea that a happy and fulfilled life is even possible. By changing the story about your worth you begin to expect good things and good things are drawn to you.
7. What people think about me is none of my business - So many of us are still living our lives based on what others think about us. We are held captive by peoples opinions as time passes us by. Every time I am about to do something outside my comfort zone, I repeat, "what people think about me is none of my business", then I focus on the joy of doing what I desire.
8. How is not my business -Stop worrying about how your goals will occur and live in the belief that they will occur. Plain and simple, " how is not your business". Instead, unbreakable and unshakeable faith is needed as you rest in the fact that because you are enough and worthy everything is already working out for you and the universe is conspiring to fulfill your desires.
9. Money comes to me easily and effortlessly- We often don't talk about money and mental health, yet the lack of financial resources causes tremendous stress and affects your mental health. When assessing stressors finances is the number 1 reason people list as a concern. Also, many have limiting beliefs around money created from family cultures that are unresolved. This affirmation is a great place to start in understanding that money is energy and can flow to you in many unexpected ways.