According to U.S. News, approximately, 80% of resolutions fail by the second week of February. Wow, that is an extremely high percentage of individuals who will be unsuccessful this year in meeting their goals but this doesn't have to be you.
I am a goal crusher and would like to share with you a few tips to keep you motivated and consistent on your goals this year.
1. Identify your WHY- Why is accomplishing this goal important to you? Make a list of your why's and place them somewhere visible. Repeat your list of why's daily to help build motivation and consistency.
2. Read -Submerge yourself with Books- Self-help books will aid with identifying areas you need to improve on and teach new skills of personal development. Check out our Greatness Reading list filled with self-help books.
3. Join Support Groups - Join a group of like-minded individuals. It is so important that you surround yourself with others who share your goals, this will serve to inspire you and provide resources. This can be a physical group in your community or online. Join our Connecting to Greatness Facebook Women's group.
4. Subscribe - We live in a world overflowing with information. There is no reason to remain clueless. Find an expert in the area you are interested in and subscribe to their channel. Stay motivated by listening to weekly inspiration and information. Subscribe to our Youtube channel for information on personal development.
5. Get a Coach or Therapist- Seek help if you are feeling stuck and would benefit from accountability. Coaching can help you get clear on your goals, identify barriers and work on a plan of action. A therapist can also help with healing from past trauma and help to build coping skills. A great coach or therapist can truly help move you forward. Learn more about the difference between coaching and therapy.
6. Affirmations - Turn your goals into affirmations. Ensure they begin with the words I am, are in the present tense, and are filled with energy. Example goal: I want to exercise more. Affirmation: I am enjoying exercising regularly.
7. Self-care -Make self-care a priority. Identify the things that rejuvenate you and make you feel alive and do them often. This energy will serve to reinvigorate you and will help with building motivation and consistency.
8. Meditation- Meditation teaches us to slow down and listen. In the stillness you discover what is true to your spirit. So take the time to check in daily through mediation.
9. Gratitude - Give thanks for what you already have. How can you be trusted with more if you don't acknowledge what you already have? Scientific research has proven the benefits of practicing gratitude. Gratitude can boost one’s self-esteem, improve sleep, eliminate stress, enhance self-awareness, develop new perspectives, and make you happier. There are so many reasons to practice gratitude. Purchase our Connecting to Greatness Gratitude Journal today.
10. Celebrate - Make time to celebrate by yourself or with your supportive circle. We spend so much time working on our goals and so little time celebrating the work it took to get there. Call your friends, invite them out, plan an event truly set aside time to celebrate. This will send a message to your brain that the behavior being celebrated should be repeated.
11. Prepare- Whatever your goals are planning ahead will be helpful to remaining on track. If it's exercising prep your clothes the night before. If it's eating healthier then meal prep. There is a saying that goes, " if you fail to plan you plan to fail", so prepare.
12. Have Faith - Stop worrying about how your goals will occur and live in the belief that they will occur. Plain and simple, how is not your business. Unbreakable, unshakeable faith is needed to help you stay motivated and consistent.
Submerge yourself in your goals, this will serve to motivate you and keep you consistent. This will send a message to your subconscious mind that you are serious about your goals. Best of luck on accomplishing your goals.